2.14.2008

Ma ma say, ma ma sa, Ma ma coo sa

Yeah Michael may have used the words first, but Rihanna brought it back in style and made it sexy.... more on that in a second.

I know it's been a minute people, but I have been extra busy, and at the same time not really in the right mind set to write about anything. So hopefully I can get back in the swing of things.

A few days after my birthday I took my best friend out for dinner and we actually had the privilege of going to the Washington Auto Show. It was the first time that I had the chance to attend, so it was definitely an experience to see all the different types of cars. As a kid until my early 20's I collected Hot Wheels, and now they're just sitting in a box somewhere until I can put them on display. But I think the auto show may have reignited that passion and I may start adding to that collection again.

I am so excited that in an effort to do something for Black History Month and to support my fellow bloggers, I recently purchased, Dayne Avery's I Wrote This Song and Fred Smith's Down for Whatever & Right Side of the Wrong Bed. Once I am finally finished with my current reading, I'll be ready to immerse myself in the lives of these characters that both authors have brought to life.

So back to my girl Rihanna...... I probably first came across her the same time everyone else did, when S.O.S. was heatin up the dance floors, but she had actually been out longer than that with a previous album, but I was a little skeptical about whether she would have staying power, but with the last few singles, this sexpot has a lot to offer her fans as well as a place in the music biz. It might just be me, but I am loving, Please Don't Stop the Music, and I have been Ma ma coo sa'in for weeks! lol

12 comments:

life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
life said...

You know, I kinda dismiss Rhianna, but I must admit she is giving me everything I need these days. Did you see her in the lace short open piece outfit...HOT! I'm liking the music, loving the attitude, and the look.

Darius T. Williams said...

Hmm - she's okay.

Humility731 said...

OMG I so love that song as well. I listen to it every morning when getting dressed for work, on the train into work, and when I get home. Its something about that song and the beat that just gets my shoulders moving and my waist winding. Rhianna truly brought that song back to life. I am guilty of not noticing her until she cut her hair and the "Good Girl Gone Bad"...

Kyon Saucier said...

You gotta get the album zami, the whole thing is excellent.

B Free said...

LOL absolutely to madaam Rhianna! She is refreshing to the industry. LMAO @ ma ma coo saa'in lol you wild. I thought i was the only one who got pumped after the auto show. Its like it restarts the passion of things you loved as a child. Bout to pull out my Hot Wheels, get me a couple graham crackers and be care free for a day lol

Chet said...

I must set aside time to listen to the CD/song. Oh yeah welcome back!

Anonymous said...

Ma say ma sa, Ma ma coo sa was used in one of jason mraz's live songs nearly 10 years ago when did wacko sing it??????????

D.LavarJames said...

ummmmmm Anonymous,

Michael Jackson sung it back on his song Wanna Be Startin Somethin off of his Thriller Album, back in 1984-85, which was over 20 years ago.

hmmmm, Jason must've got it from him

Mr. Jones said...

I thought all this time Rihanna was saying "I'ma say it one more time I'm not gonna stop" to the same cadance that Mike used.

Actually, Humility731 told me that.

Ty said...

She had to grow on me but I do like her songs. I just have a hard time watching her videos though. I think she is so much more pretty when she isn't trying to be sexy. She has a nice look but those videographers need to tell her to quit squinting and looking like she is half sleep.

BuddahDesmond said...

The "Wanna Be Startin' Something" sample really enhances the song. I've definitely come to enjoy to Rihanna and her music more and more with each release. I've been wearing "Don't Stop the Music" and "Breaking Dishes" out for the last several months. She's really coming into her own. Speaking of that, I do wonder how many of her more recent fans know/remember her first two hits were "Pon De Replay" and "If It's the Lovin' That You Want" and not "SOS" and "Unfaithful". Then again, you can't really say that the transformation in sound, style, and image has hurt her any over the years.