1.21.2008

Another year.....Wiser?


Well yesterday was the big 29th birthday, I can't believe I've made it to this age with only one more to go for the milestone.

All in all I can say that it turned out to be a good one. I went over my grandmother's house on Saturday and she made my favorite food, crabcakes. She made enough for me to snack on for the next few days, but I must admit that they were all gone by noon today, but I digress.

Then I gathered about 16 of my closest friends on Sunday to go out to eat at Benihana which is a Japanese steak house that cook in front of you. I was really enjoying our waiters and cooks and they really impressed me. It was a very different and cool experience, I would defitnitly go back again. Basically it was a night of good food and drinks and good conversation. I hope everyone had as much a good time as I did.

I went shopping with the gifts that my family gave me, and I finally got the coat that I wanted. It wasn't exactly the one that I posted a while ago, but it was from United Colors of Benneton and basically the same chocolate brown and cut, but a whole lot cheaper since it was on sale, and a hood as a bonus. I was also able to find a couple of nice pairs of jeans from the same place.

Alll in all It was a satisfying birthday weekend that was eventful, fun, and relaxing. Now its time to plan a trip for next years big one. And since it will be Inauguration Day as well, the weekend will be longer since DC shuts down for the festivities.

Until next time.....

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday stink butt! LOL
Blame it on the fever...I've been sayin' inappropriate shit all day!

Darius T. Williams said...

Happy Belated sir!

D.LavarJames said...

@ Cocoa, yes very inappropriate, but I'll let that slide, lol Thanks though

thanks darius!

Anonymous said...

Awwww happy birthday! Another DC blogger that I stumbled upon by way of my Uncle Cocoa! U r definitely in my favorite list now! Oh and btw... what Benetton did you go to? I used to work there and it was the best so I am still a faithful shopper... happy birthday again... oh yeah and you're not old ok?

D.LavarJames said...

@ j - welcome to my spot! Thanks for makin me a favorite, Ima check you out. Went to Benetton in Georgetown, love it! Thanks for the Bday wishes and sayin I'm not old =)

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday!

D.LavarJames said...

Thank you queerkid

Kyon Saucier said...

Happy birthday luv...

Chet said...

Happy Birthday Brotha, I certainly hope that you enjoyed your special day. FYI: 29 is the perfect age so relax.

Nuttin_Nyce...... said...

Happy belated bday pa

Mr. Jones said...

Happy belated, old man. Your AARP subscription is in the mail. Would you prefer a cane or walker?

D.LavarJames said...

Thanks Kyon and chet and nyce.

And thanks Jones, although you'll reach this age one day soon, but i'm still sexy!

Ty said...

Happy belated.

BuddahDesmond said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Sounds like you had good time. You know, I've been to the United Colors of Benneton's website several times but I've never been to the store. I'll have to check it out some time real soon. And don't fret about the age. You're still young! If you got it goin' on at 29, you can still have it goin' on at 30 and any age thereafter. :)

That Dude Right There said...

Happy Belated Birthday. You just reminded me that i'm turning 30 in a month!!!!!!!