3.04.2008

Just Thought I'd Share

I'm not really going to write anything long and in-depth, just some things I would like to share.

I love, love, LOVE Obama. Even before he decided to run for President of the United States, I read his books, and enjoyed them both. And the fact that he's a breath of fresh air, something America really needs right now.

Get out and vote, no matter whom you support, just do it!

My nephew just got accepted to his top school, UMES (University of Maryland Eastern Shore) and I couldn't be more proud, not only for him, but in a little way for myself, It was the top school of my choice, got accepted, but just couldn't afford it at the time, *sigh. And yes, I know I'm too young and fabulous to have a nephew about to enter college, lol. But Biological was a rolling stone.

On that note, my nephew's mother (my half sister) and I are starting to communicate a little more than we have been. She just got engaged to her long time boyfriend. I'm like damn, it's about time! My family, especially on the Biological units side is a little complicated. Hence the lack of communication, but I digress. More on that at a later time.

I think it's my life's mission to become a father one day. I have known for a long time that I like and want kids. Going about getting them is another story. =)

Still havn't decided what I will purchase with my 6 month review bonus. I bought an iPod touch a couple weeks ago, and I AM LOVING IT!

Maybe a PS3???

I have been feeling this pretty lady for a few months now:



Estelle is her name, and filling a void could be her game. She comes in the game at a time, where me like so many other people are tired of waiting on a Lauryn Hill return, and this rapper/singer could be the medicine for the cure.

Can you believe we turn the clocks forward on Sunday? I say we get rid of daylight savings all together, so it will stay light longer all year long.

I REALLY need to find a place to go for my 30th Birthday, I mean, it is ONLY 10 months away!

Hell I need to find a place to go for about a week or 2 this summer!

Finnaly watched A Raisin in the Sun from my DVR and I must say that it was pretty good. I remember watching the original with Sidney Poitier while in school, and I must say I didn't think this was going to be as good. I know if it's released on DVD it will be added to my collection.

Looks like I'm going to have to start buying Blu Ray, damnit!

And because she was so good in the movie, I can't wait to make my first New York trip next month to see A Cat on a Hot Tin Roof Cmon, Phyllicia Rashad, Terrance Howard, James Earl Jones!!! I cannot wait to see this!

5 comments:

j_shanlin said...

yaaay UMES! he's going to have a lot of fun. Just tell him to bring a lot of books and an iPod or something cuz it will get boring in the country lol... And yeeeeeeeessss for Ms. Estelle!

D.LavarJames said...

Yeah, Ima have to get him an iPod or somethin, if he doesn't already.

Chet said...

I too admire Obama. I have yet to read his book(s) if I am not mistaken his book is among my collection.

I do vote!

That is great news about your nephew being accepted to Eastern Shore (Un. of Maryland).

Now you know that we know that you are to young and way to fabulous to be an uncle.

Pleased to hear that you and your half sisiter are talking more and finally seeing somethings eye to eye. It is important to maintain open communication with family, no matter how bogus they can be from time to time.

By all means the day shall come when your seed will produce a child, and you will find that fatherhood is a blessing.

Six Month Review Bonus? Get yours!

Got to check out more of: Estelle.

Birthday ten months away? Okay for retrospect that means you recently had a birthday, but I suppose you should or could plan for the numbers 3 and 0.

Thinking about summer already? Somebody might have cabin fever. Seriously I can't wait until spring let along summer. You want to get away for two weeks? Let me think on that one because there are plenty of wonderful places to get away too during summer especially during Pride Week.

One Man’s Opinion said...

Congrats to the Nephew, you should be proud.
Yeap, you are too young and fab. LOL.
Save the bonus. I know it's burning a hole in your pocket, but still.....

BuddahDesmond said...

I love Obama too. He's such an inspiring figure. Which reminds me, I have a copy of The Audacity Of Hope that I need to read.

Kudos to your nephew for getting into UMES. That's wonderful news.

And yes, Estelle is one to watch. I'm really feeling her. I can't wait for her album to drop.

A Raisin In The Sun was really good. The acting was top-notch. I'll also be adding it to my collection when it's released on dvd (along with the original film adaptation).

Oh wow, you're going to New York to see Debbie Allen's production of Cat On a Hot Tin Roof. I'm kinda jealous. :-) I've been hearing nothing but good things about it. With Phyllicia Rashad, James Earl Jones, Terrance Howard, and Anika Noni Rose - how can you go wrong? I've got to get back to NYC some time soon. Hopefully I can get up there in time to catch the play before it closes on Broadway.