12.12.2007

Thoughts in my head

I am still in denial that in a few weeks it will be Christmas, and a week after that a whole new year. I mean 2008 people! I remember as a middle schooler knowing that when the year 2000 got here I would be 21 years old and could not wait. Now here I am, 8 freakin years later. So much has obviously changed in the world since we began this new century, and it is definitely a different place to live good and bad.



I passed out the Christmas cards at work for the very first time, I think a lot of my co-workers were really surprised, but I think I was more pleased with myself for the sheer fact that I have never worked anywhere where I wanted to pass out cards to my co-workers.

In the past few weeks I have been to the movies more times then I probably have in the last year. I mean I'm very particular about my movie selections and there are times when I have let other people pick what we will see and regretted it, unless of course they paid. Although they probably weren't too happy that I fell asleep, but I digress. I still want to see This Christmas and I feel bad that I have yet to support a GOOD movie with a Black cast, but the friend that I am supposed to see it with hasn't really been accessible the past few weeks, getting ready for his move and all that. I have on the other hand got a chance to see Beowulf, which was cool as it was my very first movie that I have seen in 3D, yes I know I live a sheltered life. I will say that it was interesting to watch a movie of a book I was supposed to have read in High School, but it's no Lord of the Rings, that's for sure! I also got a chance to see the movie version of the book I just finished reading days ago, The Golden Compass, and despite some of the controversy surrounding the movie, I really enjoyed it and hope that the other 2 books in the trilogy will be made in film adaptions as well. As far as the religious world being in an uproar that the movie is anti-religious and should not be shown in theatres is just another reason why I am not into conformed religion. I mean, first of all if the church cannot have the common sense to give people credit as to this being a movie intended to entertain, then they have as little faith in their followers then their followers do in them. When religious groups become all upset about movies such as this, they make it more obvious that they have things to hide and obviously don't trust people to make the decision to see such films for themselves. I mean I know when I saw the movie I just knew there were talking animals in the world, so save me now! *rolls eyes

Anywho, as I mentioned before I have a good friend that is preparing to move in the next 6 months. I mean, I still think that the situation is moving a little too fast, but at the same time, I think I have been one of a few people to support him in his new endeavor. I mean, we all have to realize that change is inevitable and that there are times when we have to make choices for ourselves that other people may not like or accept. As I mentioned to a fellow blogger this morning, it seems as if people want to be around when things are going bad, so they can feel useful or something, but when a whole lot of good starts to happen, the hating thus begins. Sure I'm going to miss all the times we got to hang out, but at the same time, change is good, and if we're truly friends then besides the distance, nothing will really change all that much. Hell I like having friends in different areas so i have a reason to visit new places.

2 comments:

life said...

2008, I'm with you...already jeez! Good luck to your friend

WhozHe said...

Yeah, it's hard to see a friend move but part of us being a friend is in finding away to support their decisions, good or bad, and to be their at the end.